The 2:7 Series® is a discipleship training curriculum done in small discussion groups. Each of its three workbooks is an 11-week course led by a qualified leader/facilitator. The three training courses are:
- Growing Strong in God’s Family
- Deepening Your Roots in God’s Family
- Bearing Fruit in God's Family
What is the significance of the name The 2:7 Series®? The name is based on the Scripture reference Colossians 2:7—the statement of the Apostle Paul to a New Testament church: “Rooted and built up in Him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness.” What the apostle Paul, under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, expresses in this passage clearly defines the specific goals of this training:
- For a Christian to become built up in Christ and strengthened (or established) in his or her faith. This series of courses includes instruction in practical Bible study techniques, Scripture memory skills, how to have an exciting devotional life, and how to be more effective in evangelism.
- For a Christian to learn to overflow with gratitude in everyday life. The series will help an individual learn to experience and enjoy a stable and consistent Christian walk.
- For a Christian to be taught (or instructed). This implies that training needs to take place before believers develop into a follower of Christ whose life can significantly impact in the lives of people around them.
The three books are designed to be completed in sequence. Book 2 builds on the work done in book 1, and book 3 builds on what your group has accomplished in the first two books. You will enjoy each book’s biblical and practical approach to discipleship. As many others have, those of you who participate in a 2:7 group can expect to experience positive life changes as you study and apply this time-proven material. Here is the main content of the three courses.
Book 1: Growing Strong in God’s Family
This first book in The 2:7 Series you complete exercises that strengthen your spiritual foundation through enriching Bible study, Scripture memory and group interaction.
Book 2: Deepening Your Roots in God’s Family
The discipleship training in this second book builds on the work done in the first book. You will learn ways to deepen your own Christian life, approaches for sharing your faith, and you experience an extended time alone with God.
Book 3: Bearing Fruit in God’s Family
You will continue to develop and strengthen your walk with Christ during this third book in the series. You discuss priorities and life management, learn a versatile tool for explaining the gospel, and you sharpen your own salvation testimony.
The 2:7 Series
is discipleship training. We Navigators tend to think of training groups as being more demanding than growth groups. It is difficult to perfectly differentiate between the two. An example of a growth group might be people who prepare a Bible study, come together to talk about what they have studied, and pray together.
People in training groups learn and practice skills while they experience spiritual growth. In The 2:7 Series® people learn and practice skills such as quiet time options, ways to meditate on Scripture, how to sharpen and tell their salvation story, and other skill-based topics.
offers a number of tools for both growth groups and discipleship training groups. The 2:7 Series® provides well-rounded discipleship training for both men and women—in separate groups or together.